Monday, September 24, 2007

Causa

I've been super busy lately and it will last until mid-November. It sucks because I love to cook and I haven't had much time to.

A few weeks ago (maybe a month or more actually) I made causa from a recipe on the PPK. It wasn't too much work, it took about 45 minutes total, and turned out really yummy.

I cubed the tempeh
cubed tempeh

Baked the potatoes (next time I am so boiling them, scooping innerds out of a hot tator is not my idea of a good time and took way longer than peeling/boiling them would have)
baking potatoes

Soaked the onions (will probably skip this next time too...I like the taste of onion, and these just added crunch with no flavor after having been soaked)
soaking the onions

Juiced some limes with my new citrus fruit juicer...new as in I bought it in January and this is the first time I've used it
juice the lime

And layered it all in my pie dish.
causa finished

It was way better the next day than it was right away. I also liked it chilled rather than room temp. I'll put more olives on it next time too...I was adding them as I ate it since I didn't start with enough. Batman liked it too. He likes tempeh better that I do.

1 comment:

bazu said...

I wanted to try this recipe as well! Yours looks really good.