Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall Knitty

I've been busy lately. I have pictures but they are all on my camera still. I knit a bit and baked a bit and will eventually share some of that with you!

But here is something that I can do without my pictures, I can offer my opinion when nobody really cares. So here is my opinion on the knew knitty.

Muir (shawl) - pretty enough, doesn't look like I'd bother figuring out a vegan yarn though. I do kinda like the wavies in it, I don't so much like the photography

Henry (scarf) - very nice man scarf. I might even think about knitting it in a vegan yarn, except it is knit lengthwise which doesn't sound so good to me

Entwined (scarf thing) - points for creativity

Tussie Mussie (sweater) - I like the sleeves, but I'm not really feeling it for the rest of the sweater. Especially the collar.

PPR (men's sweater) - I REALLY, really like this one!!! Maybe Batman would too? Or ummm some other guy that I know (I don't think I know any that wear sweaters!) And the yarn called for is vegan so no huge subbing necessary (I'm going to look into Valley Yarns Longmeadow for this although it might be too light)

Roam (sweater) - there are way better basic zip-up hoodies out there. J knit one, ask her which it was

Cherie Amour (sweater) - Cute. I could see wearing it to work over another top. Or taking it to throw on when it is almost cold, but not quite. Although in a synthetic it would be quite warm anyway!

Neiman (sweater) - it is described as fitted. I wouldn't call it that. It might look good on some people, but if I liked the circle design at the top (I don't really), I'd just stick it on a different sweater pattern.

Mr Greenjeans (sweater) - There are a ton of patterns that look like this out there. Better ones IMO

Boxed (sweater) - Boxy, big and cropped with a pattern change right across the nip line. The smallest size is 38.5 inch chest. Flattering on anyone...probably not. Let me know if you can prove me wrong on that.

Percy (purse) - I really like this one. It is a nice basic purse pattern in a stong yarn that I could sooo easily change to make a purse of any size! Granted I still haven't finished (or really even started) Via Diagonale so it might be a looong time before I am ready to tackle another purse, but this one is #2 on the list now.

Flower Power (hat) - It's a baby hat. It won't fit for very long anyway so it doesn't really matter what goes on the kid's head.

Foliage (hat) - I'm not a big hat fan and this one isn't going to change that at all.

Peacon Pie (hat) - I like the colors of the one in the picture, otherwise still not interested in hats

Urchin (hat) - this hat, on the other hand, looks amazing on the model. And would look good on a few other people, but really, only a few.

Totally Autumn (throw) - nice enough

Q (sock) - socks interest me even less than hats

Diamond Waffle (socks) - still not interested (these ones are better though)

Cinderella (socks) - it looks like there is a huge ridge running down each side of the sock that would be uncomfortable

Back to Basics (socks) - basic socks with a funny looking toe

Woodins (toy) - this is cute. I like the idea of making toys. I'm not sure about the leaf tail on the little creature, but it is a neat idea overall.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I too thought woodins was cute. It sort of made me wish that there was a little girl that I could knit for. With Boxy you gotta ask, why? Why change the pattern where it does etc.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with you guys, Boxy is just not flattering. The cropped length combined with the line across the chest and the baggy upper arms... it's all wrong! Cherie Amour is probably my favorite - I'd make it in a less variegated colorway, though. And I really like Roam... if I could stand all that seed stitch... it has some nice details, though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you did this review. I almost sent an email around to the group to comment, so being blogless, this gives me a forum.

I think that Entwined thing is dumb and would be really hard to assure a comfortable and functional fit (not to mention it would probably stretch). I loved Tussie Mussie, and am dying to do a bobble type stitch some time. One of the motifs in it reminds me of the new sweater J is doing. I like those Cinderella socks and would probably substitute Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino because I love the colorways and I think the gauge would be similar.