Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finished Sweaters

I knit my mom a sweater for her birthday. Her birthday is on Christmas. She got her sweater at the end of July. A bit late, but whatever...it's handknit! I did one for 2005, 2006, and am working on 2007.

This was the sweater for 2006 (she got this one on time - I can't find the picture of it on her)
mom sweater post-mods

And this is 2007's sweater (with her face blurred out, the flat picture she took of it was awful)
Filigree Turtleneck

Filigree Turtleneck from fiddlesticks knitting. 100% organic undyed cotton (Ecoknit, it is the same as Pakucho). Machine washable and machine dryable.

She really likes it, even though it is totally impractical for July!

And for good measure, here is the one other sweater that I've finished. I was intending to knit it for myself, but it ended up fitting my 7 (at the time) year old cousin. I knit this one about 2.5 years ago.
1st sweater

And the only baby sweater I've knit. This I did while flying out to see my family for Christmas 2005 (my cousin was due in the spring). It got a single blue star button at the top a few months later before I gave it to her.
5-hour baby sweater

Those are all of the sweaters that I've knit. I do have a few in progress right now, but I don't like the yarn for one (and I'm resizing the pattern), one went funky and I need to think hard about if it is correct, and one I'm swatching for (the swatch picture a while ago). I don't think I have much to show for any of them yet, but you'll eventually see them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat to see the latest sweater on your mom. But her head looks like she stuck it in an oven or behind a tail pipe! Kind of like how a cartoon character looks after an explosion! ;) I watch waaaaay too many cartoons!