Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I finally cooked!

I was so totally going to take pictures of my dinner last nite. I hadn't really cooked in a while and I love to cook. But by the time it was ready and I sat down to eat I was so hungry that I didn't remember pictures until I was almost done eating!

I made biscuits and gravey with broccoli rabe. Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits from Table for Two, White Bean Tempeh Gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance (I used lightlife sausage instead of tempeh). The broccoli rabe I cooked with an onion and a bit of olive oil until it tasted done.

I also made a batch of The Best Pumpkin Muffins also from Vegan with a Vengeance . These are sooo good and super easy to make. I put them in the freezer and I think I'm going to try to mail them to my sister (if I mail them frozen they get to her thawed, at least it worked okay with banana bread).

This is a picture from the first time I made them, yesterday's looked exactly the same.
The Best Pumpkin Muffins - group shot

So I played in the kitchen last nite instead of doing all the stuff at home that I need to get done, mainly eliminating my rugs of cat hair. At least I ate well and have leftovers so I can clean tonite instead of cook, oh yay!

I'm going to start personalizing my blog a bit this week. If it looks wonky, ignore it for now.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Playing in the kitchen sounds like much more fun than cleaning :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad you're doing what you love. Those muffins photographed nicely and I'm sure they were yummy too boot.