Wednesday, July 11, 2007

my never-ending pit of a stomach

I feel like all that I have done yesterday and today is eat. Granted, after I left work yesterday I didn't eat again until almost midnight, but I did eat all day at work.

Today so far I have had (yesterday was almost the same):
oatmeal w/berries (oatmeal-McCann's , berries-TJ brand)
chocolate soymilk (TJ brand)
handful of sesame cracker thingies (TJ)
unknown number of grapes-2 handfuls maybe (TJ)
cup of lentil soup (TJ)
handful of chocolate cat cookies (TJ)
piece of dark chocolate (Droste - purple box of Pastilles, I had one)
coffee with a splash of chocolate soymilk in it (coffee-Green Mountain from work, milk-TJ)

And now I'm eyeing the fruit (bananas, grapefruit, grapes) that I have sitting on my desk cuz I want one. I'm not really hungry though, so I'll leave it there to look pretty and mock me and drink some water instead.

The funny thing is, everything that I've eaten today is from Trader Joe's and most of it is Trader Joe's brand! I'll add the brand to it all...done! I eat breakfast and lunch at work so on Monday I usually walk down to TJ and get enough food for the week. And then if I end up bringing leftovers or whatever for lunch, the TJ food will keep for the next week. It is soooo much cheaper than eating out and takes away the stress of having to pack a lunch every day. Plus if I have fruit sitting on my desk, then I eat fruit. Otherwise I would eat more cookies or something :)

I got to kick a soccer ball around last nite!!! I used to love to play soccer, but quit playing after 6th grade or so since we moved around a lot. I went running yesterday with Batman (good enough nickname for now...it is how he signs some of his emails!) and he got out a couple of soccer balls for us to kick around a bit. I was actually still able to kick and control the ball fairly well, and I can still kick okay with both feet. We didn't run quite as much as I thought we did, but we did pushups and some pull-ups (me with his help) and it was a decent workout.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Playing soccer sounds like it was fun. Batman seems like an appropriate nickname for him.

Anonymous said...

So glad you cleared up what TJ stood for, it was making me mad with wondering. I moved to CA too late to learn about the whole soccer thing. No one bothered to explain it to me, so I never really got into it. But I think it would be fun to kick a ball around with someone like B-man who really knows his stuff. I was pretty good at hacky sack, which is like playing with a much smaller soccer ball. My record is 11 hits! Hard to imagine, eh?