Tuesday, July 17, 2007

sweater talk

I am like 99.999999% done with the sweater that I am making for my mom's birthday (ummm, 7 months late now).

I started knitting it on April 16, 2006. I finished knitting it oh, 2.5-3 months ago. Then I wove in all the ends a month ago. I finally washed it last nite. It was supposed to shrink and I don't think that it did that much. It didn't get completely dry in the drier, but I had to leave so I did a bit of the "lay flat to dry" stuff for the last of it. My mom can shrink it more when she gets it if it needs it.

I'll try it on when I get home tonite and if I don't get a picture tonite, I'll get some tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a little bit big on me since my mom is 2-3 inches larger than me. I'll dig up some of the steps from it too, so you can see the progress.

Now that leaves me 2-3 months behind on starting her next birthday sweater. I was totally planning on knitting Licorice Whip in an undetermined color, but when I just looked it up I saw The Purple Sweater and there are a ton more color options for this one! I'm reconsidering. I like both yarns, but am picky on color so the Butterfly Super 10 might win out over Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton this time. My mom won't wear green/yellow/orange, I won't knit blue/tan/white/pink. Red is what I was thinking, but it can't be orangy-red. So in the Super 10, what do you think about #3995 (red), #3945 (purple), or maybe #3884 (blue?, purple?)? In Blue Sky it would probably be tomato, but maybe thistle or graphite (probably not graphite tho).

Both of these look pretty quick to knit, which is good because I'm going to be spending a good chunk of my non-working time studying. Or with Batman, but he's super busy too, so mostly studying. I'd like to get the yarn this month so I can squeeze in time on it as it becomes available!

I'd put up a poll for all 2 of you that read this, but I'm still futzing around with blogger so it is a no-go. Please opinionate as strongly as you wish in the comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Licorice Whip in toffee. There are a lot of color choices for L.W., so I'm not sure why you would need more. Especially since your mom, if she is related to you, probably only likes a couple of colors anyway (just joshin' ya!).

Yay for your new blog! So glad to be here.

Jeanette said...

Congrats on getting the sweater washed!