Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'd rather be hiking

So I'm on a roll with this posting thing!

Really I don't have anything of interest to say today. And no pictures.

Ummm, I just moved so I'm selling all the furniture I don't want on Craig's List. It is surprisingly easy. And it sells very quickly if you price it low enough! Kitchen gadgets and stuff don't sell quite as quickly as furniture. I might keep them and try again the 1st week of September, once all the students move back.

I was talking to a friend yesterday while I uploaded pics onto the flickr. I have a Mac, he has a PC. He said "my PC has VD"...that damn internets p*rn and its viruses. My Mac hates any wireless internets that I actually pay money for, but loves all the free wireless internets...it's an internets whore. Oh, J - I still have a wireless router thingy for you.

I got to play Batman's new learning game last nite (it is for his dissertation). A guy he works with made it in Flash based on what Batman wanted it to do. Now I know all about natural selection and he knows all about how it works on someone that is not him. I feel like a guinea pig.

I'm tired of eating beans and rice. I've been eating pretty much the same combo for 3 weeks now. Rice cooked in the rice maker, frozen corn and frozen bell peppers, garlic, beans (usually black, last time I got kidney and chickpeas), stir fry sauce, and hot sauce. It is filling, cheap, super easy, fast, and healthy. Hard to find all of that in a meal. Plus when I make it is enough for 2 dinners for me, 1 dinner for Batman, and 2 lunches for me. Once it cools down for real, I start making soup again. Easy, healthy, and much more room for variety.

I had kellogs organic frosted mini wheats for breakfast. The organic ones are vegan which is totally cool since I used to love frosted mini wheats (actually I liked the non-mini ones, but I'll take what I can get in vegan form).

Random enough for you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dig on natural selection and Darwin and all that stuff. Did two semesters of human evolution for my science requirement (no hard science for me, thenk you!). I'd love to see that game.

I hear ya about monotonous dinners. I have actually gained weight this summer cuz all we eat are fatty hot dogs and burgers cuz we won't fire up the oven and cook some other lower fat protein (yeah, I know, this is a vegan blog, but I'm not vegan!). I can't wait to use my oven again.